Instructions to put on and take off a mask: it is recommended to place the mask against bare skin (with no hair in contact with the user’s skin and for some people, shaved) and follow these steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or rub them with a hand sanitizer solution before handling the mask.
- Identify the top of the mask.
Fitting the Mask
1. Place the mask on your face and adjust the nose strip to your nose.
2. Hold the mask on the outside and put the elastic bands round your ears without crossing them.
3. Lower the bottom of the mask to your chin. Check that the mask covers your chin.
4. Pinch the nose strip with both hands to adjust it to your nose.
5. Check that the mask is fitted correctly. To do this, you must check the seal and lack of breathing problems.
6. Once adjusted, do not touch the mask with your hands. If the user needs to touch the mask, they should wash their hands beforehand with soap and water or rub them with hand sanitizer.
Removing the mask
1. Raise your chin and grasp the mask by the elastic bands,
2. Fold the mask down the middle, not touching the outer part.
3. It is recommended to put the mask in a zip lock bag.
4. To use it again, pick the mask up by the elastic without touching the inside of the bag.
To avoid any contamination when using and/or removing a mask, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before and after fitting the mask.
- Once the mask is fitted, do not touch the mask with your hands.
- Remove the mask without touching the front of the mask.
- After use, put the mask in the appropriate bin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or with hand sanitizer.